Supplier Relationship Manager (Wellington Region) APPLY NOW
About the role:
We recognise the support of our providers is critical to the delivery of our world-class service. As such we are looking to bolster our team through the appointment of a Supplier Relationship Manager based in the Wellington region, to work alongside our Head of Network and Partnerships, to develop and maintain positive and proactive relationships between First Rescue NZ Ltd and our national provider network. Our provider network consists of but is not limited to contractors delivering services for vehicle roadside mobilisation, towing (local and long haul), and panelbeating. The role requires regular domestic travel, support quality assurance audits for our clients, OSH compliance audits on the provider network, and being comfortable interpreting data, analysing trends, and liaising with different levels across a variety of businesses.
Develop and maintain positive and proactive relationships between First Rescue and our providers; ensuring that providers prefer to work with us due to our best-in-class standards.
- Manage the provider relationship ensuring regular contact and a positive relationship is established, including but not limited to provider visits and engagement
- Establish and maintain effective procurement strategies and maintain Network Agreement Contracts ensuring coverage and performance benchmarks meet the forecast of jobs
- Establish and maintain quality benchmarks to focus on process improvement, provider selection, provider performance, availability of performance information and governance
- Serve as the link of communication between key customers and providers, including operational team managers and trainers.
- Manage customer Compliments and Complaints ensuring information is captured, reported, and, where appropriate, acted on
- Contribute to the development of the annual strategic business plan (including IT development)
- Carry out high cost job analysis; make amendments and implement corrective actions as required.
- Automotive Trade and or Supplier Procurement experience
- Establishing effective procurement policies, lean initiatives and processes
- Evidence of supply chain management
- Extensive negotiating experience
- Broad understanding of the principles of vendor/supplier (provider) management
- Regularly targeting of cost-saving measures
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and strategic skills
- Resourceful and well organised
- Experienced in documenting contract and tender development and execution.
You must be a New Zealand/Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident to be considered for this role.
What’s in it for you?
- A truly rewarding, diverse and interesting career, huge potential with future career growth opportunities
- Various staff benefits include free health or life insurance and discounted general insurances
- Full training and ongoing mentoring provided
- Remote working
- A close-knit friendly and helpful team
- Explore New Zealand cities and regions during your business-related travels
Travel allowance for business related domestic travel.